If only it was appropriate to use the portmanteau (the blending of two or more distinct words) for my Food Bucket List title. For now, inference. =)
I want to try everything, so here’s a list of just some of my Foo-Dos. Most of these are meta-edibles, or maybe I can call them meta-bles. #seewhatididthere (i.e. KBBQ in Korea)
What I’ve done: check!
- Bier in Germany (January 2006, April 2017)
- Crepes in France (December 2005, April 2017)
- KBBQ in Korea (Seoul, July 2014)
- Pho in Vietnam (August 2013)
- Texas BBQ in Texas (Austin, November 2011)
- St. Louis-style ribs in Illinois (St. Louis, February 2011)
- NOLA: crawfish; ACME Oyster House oysters; absinthe at the Old Absinthe House; drink at the Carousel Bar (January 2009)
- Fresh uni after cracking it open myself (2005 maybe?)
- Street tacos in Mexico (TJ, Winter 2004, and many, many more)
- New York: hot dog with the works; cheesecake; sandwich from Carnegie Deli (March 2002)
One day, I would like to:
1. Eat fugu, a.k.a. pufferfish. One day, when I’m a little older, in case I get a bad piece, I want to find a sushi chef who will eat half of the piece he prepares for me.
* Japan: visit the Tsukiji Fish Market in Tokyo; eat sushi and ramen.
* Thailand: eat anything there.
3. Italy: pasta; espresso.
4. BBQ: Memphis, South Carolina, Kansas City.
5. Go ice fishing, prepare and eat my catch, then sleep in an igloo.
6. Go grape-stomping and keep a bottle of wine I helped make.
7. Attend Oktoberfest in Munich, Germany.
8. Participate in “La Tomatina” in Buñol, Spain.
9. Attend a night market in Taiwan.
10. Drink bourbon in Bourbon County, KY.
11. Drink scotch in Scotland.
12. Drink champagne in Champagne, France.
13. Eat Belgian waffles in Belgium.
14. Eat poutine in Canada.
15. Eat deep-dish pizza in Chicago.
16. Eat lobster in Maine.
17. Eat buffalo wings in Buffalo, NY.
18. Eat crab in Maryland.